DUinsure travel insurance only provides cover for emergency overseas medical events that are unforeseen. Medical conditions that were pre existing at the time of the policy being issued are not covered, unless they are a condition that we expressly agree to cover.
If you have a pre existing medical condition that is not covered by this policy, we will not pay any claims arising from, related to or associated with that condition. This means that you may have to pay for an overseas medical emergency and any associated costs which can be prohibitive in some countries.
a) Any medical or physical condition, defect, disease or illness including any mental illness, of which you were aware or should reasonably have been aware, and for which treatment, medication, preventative medication, advice, preventative advice or investigation have been received or prescribed by a medical or dental adviser in the 90 days prior to the relevant time; or
b) Any condition that involves your heart, brain, circulatory system/blood vessels, your lung or respiratory conditions or any type of cancer that has been investigated or treated by a health professional prior to the relevant time; or
c) Any chronic or ongoing (whether chronic or otherwise) medical or dental condition, illness or disease of which you were aware or should reasonably have been aware, and which is medically documented or under investigation prior to the relevant time; or
d) Any condition for which you have undergone surgery in the past 12 months; or
e) Pregnancy (see general exclusion 18 on page 45); or
f) Any of the above conditions which are the subject of an investigation, even if the condition has not been diagnosed.
Relevant time in respect of:
a) Single trip policies means the time of issue of the policy.
b) Frequent traveller policies means the first time at which any part of the relevant trip is paid for or the time at which the policy is issued, whichever occurs last.
This above definition applies to you, your travelling companion, a relative or any other person.
The pre existing medical conditions listed below are automatically covered under this policy without assessment or additional charge, provided:
2. Allergies, limited to rhinitis, chronic sinusitis, eczema, food intolerance, hay fever
3. Asthma – providing that you:
4. Bell’s palsy
5. Benign positional vertigo
7. Carpal tunnel syndrome
9. Coeliac disease (gluten intolerance)
10. Congenital blindness
11. Congenital deafness
12. Dry eye syndrome
13. Diabetes mellitus (Type I & Type II) – providing you:
14. Epilepsy – providing you have not had any seizures in the past 12 months, and you are on no more than one anticonvulsant medication
15. Folate deficiency
16. Gastric reflux (heartburn, indigestion)
18. Glaucoma (increased ocular pressure)
19. Graves' disease
20. Hiatus hernia
21. Hypercholesterolaemia (high cholesterol) - provided you do not also suffer from a known cardiovascular disease
22. Hyperlipidaemia (high blood lipids) – provided you do not also
suffer from a known cardiovascular disease
23. Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid), including Hashimoto’s disease
24. Hypertension (High Blood Pressure) – provided you do not also suffer from a known cardiovascular disease and your most recent reading is less than 165/95
25. Impaired glucose tolerance (glucose
intolerance, pre-diabetes) are under
50 years of age at the date of policy issue.
27. Insulin resistance
28. Menopause – provided you do not
29. Nocturnal cramps
30. Pernicious anaemia
31. Raynaud’s disease
32. Sleep apnoea
33. Trigeminal neuralgia
34. Trigger finger
35. Vitamin B12 deficiency